My Fitness Journey

A daily chronicle of my quest for ultimate fitness.

Tuesday, June 21, 2005

CIGNA HealthCare 5K Road Race




I have decided to run the Cigna 5K this year! It's being held August 11, which gives me ample time to train to finish in a decent time.


I worked at Cigna for a few years and never volunteered to help let alone race the 5K each year. A few years following a major downsizing, I will return - and conquer [insert evil laugh]!

Here's the course map. It looks a lot longer than 3.1 miles, if you know the area. But since this is the 13th annual race, I'm sure they have the distance marked pretty well.


My current running goals are:

#1 Remain Injury-free
#2 Increase Endurance
#3 Increase Speed Gradually

I haven't set a goal for my time to finish for this race yet. I think it's far too soon to tell at this point. I should have a better idea towards the end of July.


Have you done any races? Share your story :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home