My Fitness Journey

A daily chronicle of my quest for ultimate fitness.

Saturday, July 23, 2005

It's Getting Better

This morning I ran the CIGNA 5k course. I was VERY surprised that it was sort of easy. Running is a total mind game. I've been very bored with the track, the trail and the treadmill. The 3 T's. Ha ha. So I've decided to stop timing myself with the stop watch for a little while and just do fun runs.

I think running on streets is a lot more interesting. I only had to pause once for traffic at an intersection, and the rest of the run was kind of fun!

The last part of the course is uphill, so I tried to conserve a little energy right before. It evens out again right before the finish line, and I think the crowds and the finish line will be great to provide that last boost of speed at the end.

This morning's run gave me a chance to try out my new Under Armour
panties. The wick away moisture so you're not uncomfortable. I also wore my new Adidas ClimaCool shirt and it felt great. The temp was only 81 degrees at the end of my run, and I had a strong wind for about half the run, so I'm not sure how August 11th at 6:20 pm will feel!

At least the course is no longer intimidating to me. While driving it, it seems a lot longer than it feels to run it. I reached Thayer Street a lot sooner than I thought it would take me.

I took a nice cool Epsom salts bath when I got home as I sipped on my protein shake and listened to one of my favorite radio shows, Car Talk. I got pretty close to heaven.

After the CIGNA 5K, I am going to run the Stride for NH Pride 5K on Saturday, August 27th. This race benefits the NH Farmers Market Association. I would also love to run the Mack's Run for the Apples 5K XC the next day, on Sunday, August 28th. This would be a fun race. I'm hoping by that time I will be fit enough to run them back to back. I think I'll try it anyway, maybe with an ice bath in between.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home