My Fitness Journey

A daily chronicle of my quest for ultimate fitness.

Sunday, August 07, 2005

Time for New Shoes

Time for new sneaks, kicks, "running shoes". I'm not sure why it didn't occur to me sooner that my achilles tendonitis issue may be somewhat caused by some old ass shoes that no longer cushion or support me. I'm so quick to blame myself and curse my body... when in fact maybe I just need new gear. Time to lay off myself for a little while. It's getting old.

I also decided I needed to pamper myself just a teeny bit. I bought a footbath with bubbles and massage and a REMOTE CONTROL. Kick ass. I almost don't need a man now. Almost.

I tried it out last night after a long day of walking around Mount Sunapee for the League of New Hampshire Craftsmen's Fair and mall shopping. I poured too much foot soak bubble stuff in the footbath so I had a little bubble overflow, but overall it was a nice relaxing experience.

Today after my fun run (1 mile on the track then ran to the trail and ran that in the opposite direction I normally run it), I showered , had a protein shake then poured cold water in the footbath along with some ice cubes and sat in heaven for a while. It made me sleepy, so I pushed the "off" button on the remote (kick ass), dried off, laid on the sofa and drifted off for a nice nap. Ahh.

Tomorrow morning I am off to Runner's Alley to have my gait assessed and be fitted for some real shoes. Money can't be an object with this, since my #1 goal is still to remain injury free. I'll also need some new socks since I've worn holes in almost all my running socks.

If you happen to be traveling down Hanover Street in Manchester tomorrow, look for me running up and down the street testing new sneaks!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home