My Fitness Journey

A daily chronicle of my quest for ultimate fitness.

Friday, August 19, 2005

Longest Run (So Far)

I ran 4 miles yesterday. It didn't feel very good. When I laid in the grass at the park afterwards to stretch, I was rewarded with a rainbow in the sky. I didn't really even want the animal crackers... the stretch and cool breeze felt like enough.

I didn't take into account that I had done my leg workout the day before. Squats, deadlifts, hack squats, calves, abductor, adductor work... then run 4 miles the next day? Of course, it occurred to me about a mile into the run that perhaps I should have waited a day to set out on my longest run ever, but eh. I was already there, had mapped it out, and I was going to finish.

So, finish I did, but I was pretty tired after. And every part of my legs ached. I did a cold epsom salts bath (well just my legs, I couldn't submerge myself past that.. Brrrr!), made my own chicken egg foo yong, and watched Meet the Fockers before going to work. Funny movie.

I was tired the rest of the day and I slept deeply last night. Today I feel good, but not energized in the least. Today will be a day off.

I ordered a Road ID a few days ago. So if/when I pass out on some hill or trip over some fallen tree, the paramedics will know who I am and who to call. Neat idea, and inexpensive.

I guess I have to work on speed now. That could be fun. I need a program, though. have to do some research.

The NH/MA NPC (National Physique Committee) competition is on September 24th. I'll probably go, because it's nice to be surrounded by like-minded fitness people. I've attended a few events in the past, and they tend to be long days, especially when you're alone. I'll post more on this as it draws nearer.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home