My Fitness Journey

A daily chronicle of my quest for ultimate fitness.

Wednesday, September 21, 2005

100 Mile Mark!

As of last night and in about 3 months time, I have run over 100 miles! I have run over 18 hours. I can't think of time better spent.

I know I'm a runner, but I really think the first time I step out in the snow this winter to go for a run will be the shining moment that tells me, "You're not a runner. You're a RUNNER". I bought my first long sleeved running shirt on Saturday, and it was kind of a confirmation, like, yes, I will be out in the cold, running.

Distances play with my mind. I think of a 5 miler as moderately challenging, yet when I drive the 5 miles I ran, I can't believe how far it is. I would like to get up to 8 miles for my long run. At that point I will need to either start stashing water along the route or buy a fuel belt. Maybe even a gel. I'm slightly surprised I'm just about at that level.

My overall conditioning has improved. I no longer need days off between running to recover. My shortest runs are 5K, unless I do a mile or two of speed work (which sucks, but is totally necessary).

I feel pretty good about what I've accomplished for myself, and I wonder what's next!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home